Top 10 Keyword Rank Checker to Check Keyword Position
Keyword ranking is one of the most crucial KPI of SEO, so most of us will track the keyword positions from time to time. Keyword tracking helps us determine whether our SEO strategy is working and if our optimization efforts are indeed paying off.
What tools are you using to track keyword rankings? Is there any better keyword rank checker you don’t know?
If you are looking for the best SEO keyword rank checker tools that allow you to monitor your keyword positions in Google SERP, you’ve come to the right place.
Here, we picked 10 best Google rank checkers for you.
10 Awesome Keyword Rank Tracking Software of 2021
Ahrefs is my favorite tool on this list as it is a complete solution for keyword checking and keyword researching.
Ahrefs integrated keyword rank checking functionality into 3 core tools:
- Site Explorer: Shows every keyword for which the target website or web page ranks.
- For each keyword, you can check:
- Search volume
- Ranking position
- Keyword Difficulty (KD)
- Estimated organic traffic
- Ranking URL
2. Rank Tracker: Tracks ranking progress for up to 10,000 keywords over time.
3. Keywords Explorer: Unveils useful data about the current top-ranking pages for any keyword.
You can use this report to:
- Check if your rankings have improved or worsened over time.
- See how your competitors’ rankings are progressing.
- Identify keyword cannibalization issues (i.e., when multiple pages’ rank for the same keyword)
Price: No free trial, $7 For a 7-day trial, Lite Plan – $ 99/Month, Standard Plan – $ 179/Month，Advanced Plan – $399, Agency Plan – $999.
SEMrush’s Rank Tracking tools allow you to watch the day-to-day progress and rankings changes of an SEO campaign or website.
Specifically, SEMrush allows you to:
- Monitor the rankings of any domain, subdomain, subfolder or URL for the keywords you track on a daily basis.
- Check your position at the national or local level, on mobile or desktop devices.
- Explore your rivals’ keyword rankings on desktop and mobile.
- See a list of domains you are battling against for the top positions in Google and Bing
Price: 7 Day Free Trial, $99.95/month Pro Plan, $199.95/month Guru Plan, $399.95/month Business Plan.
Moz is deemed by many as one of the best rank checking tools that are still going strong in the industry. Moz can do it all, from backlink analysis to rank tracking and keyword research, there are no limits to what Moz can do.
Moz Pro offers a powerful rank tracking tool that allows you to get reports on your site, page, and keywords’ search engine results for Google, Yahoo, and Bing via email, and the tool stores your reports for comparison at your convenience. You’ll be able to see your ranking on a global, national, and local scale—and by local we mean city and neighborhood.
Price: 30 Day Free Trial, $99/month ~ $599/month.
Serpstat is another all-in-one SEO tool that happens to have a keyword tracking capability. So if you need additional features like keyword research, site auditing, competitor analysis, and backlink analysis on top of a ranking tool, then Serpstat isn’t a bad choice.
With Serpstat’s Rank Tracker, you can monitor the changes in your SERP rankings based on your own schedule. You can set up monthly, weekly, or even daily ranking reports.
Here’s the data you can obtain from Serpstat’s Rank Tracker reports:
- Positions – This allows you to see your site’s rank distribution in search results (top 10, top 20, etc.)
- History – shows you historical data on the domain’s positions for the selected keywords.
- Competitors – shows you the traffic share for the selected keywords among competing domains.
Price: Lite ($69 per month), Standard ($149 per month), Advanced ($299 per month), and Enterprise ($499 per month). Save 20% when you sign up for annual billing. Big enterprises can set up a custom plan.
Unlike SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, and Serpstat, AccuRanker is a standalone keyword rank tracking software, dedicated to delivering the most up-to-date and accurate rankings data.
AccuRanker claims to be the world’s fastest and most accurate rank tracker. Whether that’s true or not, it’s impressive that it gives you instant, on-demand ranking updates when you need them.
AccuRanker features keyword rank tracking and performance analysis, as well as competitive performance analysis, custom keyword tagging, a report builder, and various integrations with 3rd party tools. You can use this tool to monitor and analyze your keyword performance on major search engines, including Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, and YouTube.
Price: 1,000 Keywords ($109 per month). Price will change as you add more keywords. You save 10% if you pay annually.
#6. Google Search Console
The next most-recommended keyword tracking tool was Google Search Console.
With it, you can see which search queries bring users to your site. You can also analyze your domain’s clicks, impressions, and—more importantly—your position in the SERPs.
RankWatch provides you with accurate rankings of your website in leading search engines including Google, Bing, Baidu, etc. The rankings can be tracked across multiple geographies including city based results
Along with the keyword rankings, RankWatch provide a SERP screenshot of each respective keyword search query. This screenshot is the exactly how the SERP would look to any user searching your keyword.
Price: They have Medium, Large, or Extra Large, ranging from $29 to $449 per month (there’s also a custom plan, where you get to choose how many keywords you want to track)
#8. SERPWatcher by Mangools
SERPWatcher is part of Mangools’ suite of SEO tools which include KWFinder, SERPChecker, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler. Together, they help users to stay on top of their online marketing campaign.
SERPWatcher lets you check rankings daily and show you SERP previews. You can check the keyword ranking by state, county, city, or DMA region for both mobile and desktop search results. You can then share the results with clients or other team members. Also, if it’s able to track significant changes, you’ll receive an alert via email.
Price: Basic ($49 per month), Premium ($69 per month), and Agency ($129 per month). Save 40% by paying annually. There is a 10-day free trial period.
Whether you’re looking to track your rankings locally or globally, Nightwatch enables you to segment your keywords (such as branded, high-volume, targeted etc.) to see how each one is performing.
In Nightwatch you have everything you would expect to get in a rank tracker. These are the basics you’ll find almost anywhere:
- Daily position updates
- Options for automated email reporting
- Track mobile & desktop rankings separately
Beyond that, here are some extra features they offer.
- White label reporting
- Local rankings, including map packs
- One-click views for only keywords that went up, or the same for keywords going down
- Track Bing, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube rankings
- Tags to group keywords (& ability to create a new view to see those groups alone)
Price: Three plans available: Starter $39/month, Optimize $99/month and Agency $369/month. Save up to 40% when annual plans are purchased. All plans have a 14-day free trial.
#10. SEO Powersuite
The SEO Powersuite is a bundle of four desktop apps that are compatible to work in any environment, be it Windows, Mac, or Linux. The four apps that come handy with this bundle are Website Auditor, Rank Tracker, SEO Spyglass, and Link Assistant.
Rank Tracker’s job description is self-explanatory: it tracks the ranks of web pages for specific keywords. But what makes it so powerful is its ability to seamlessly monitor your pages’ global and local positions on Google and other search engines.
In addition to tracking the website’s ranking, you can also discover keywords to target that you might have been missing out on.
The Rank Tracker helps you check the search volume, knowing your competition, and the degree of visitors you are getting as a result of keyword ranking. You can pick any of the search engine from any country.
Price: The SEO Powersuite software has a free version and comes with two paid licenses: SEO Powersuite Professional ($299/year) & SEO Powersuite Enterprise ($699/year)
Which is the Best Keyword Rank Tracker Tool?
The selection of a perfect keyword rank checking tool would depend on your exact needs. To help you narrow down your selection, we’ll recommend the best keyword tracking tools based on several different scenarios.
- If you’re a beginner, choose Google Search Console.
- If you want a free tool, also choose Google Search Console.
- If you’re an individual or small business, choose RankWatch, Ahrefs, or SEMrush.
- If you run an agency, choose Ahrefs, SEMrush or SEO Powersuite.
- If you are looking for an all-in-one SEO platform, choose Ahrefs, SEMrush, MOZ, Serpstat or SEO Powersuite.
Personally, I believe Ahrefs is the best SEO tool and keyword rank tracker tool in the market. It is an all-in-one SEO toolkit that is easy to use, offers lots of features, and easily tracks keywords.
What’s your opinion?