11 Pro Tips to Get More Followers on Facebook Page
As we mentioned before in our Facebook statistics, there are over 80 million business pages on Facebook which are used by over 2 billion users across the globe. And, Two-thirds of Facebook users visit at least one business page on the platform each week.
Definitely, Facebook page is great for businesses to grow their consumer base and boost their brand awareness. However, it can be challenging to attract new followers for your Facebook page, especially for small businesses.
In this post, I’m going to share 11 pro tips you can start to get more followers on your Facebook page.
Let’s dive in.
15 Pro Tips to Get More Followers on Facebook Page
1. Promote Your Facebook Page Everywhere
If your goal is to gain more followers on your business page, you should direct traffic to your page whenever possible. There are a few ways to do this:
- Add social media buttons to the footer of your website
- Add social media buttons to the signature of your emails
- Embed your Facebook posts whenever relevant in your blog posts
- Promote your Facebook Page on other social media platforms
2. Run Facebook Ad
Another obvious way to get Facebook followers is Facebook ads.
You can run “Engagement” ads, which help you increase the visibility of your brand on Facebook. This way, you’re targeting people who are actively on Facebook. If Facebook users like the ad content, they’ll likely like or follow your Facebook page.
3. The FLC Formula
Follow, like, and comment (FLC) has been shown to be an effective way for boosting your social media followers quickly.
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1. Head to a competitor’s page
Step 2. Go through their follower list and follow, like, and comment on users’ posts
Preliminary studies in FLC show up to a third of users targeted will follow you back, so although it may be a little time consuming your follower numbers are likely to reap the rewards of your efforts.
4. Create Viral Content
We should admit that some types are easier to be viral. Many Facebook pages will share memes, funny videos, and relatable quotes. That’s because people like this kind of content!
You can have a test. If your followers like funny memes or respond well to videos, take note. Not every post should be pure entertainment, but mixing in entertainment with your highly valuable content is a great strategy.
Don’t be afraid to post:
- Irrelevant pictures (cool ones, interesting ones, funny ones, etc.)
5. Partner with an Influencer
If you want to know how to get Facebook followers, asking an influencer or another business to give you a shout-out is by far one of the most effective methods.
Influencers have a large following and as the name suggests, they hold a lot of influence over them. If their fans see them using a product or service, they will often rush out to check it themselves.
If you’re on a tight budget, you can also partner with niche fan pages that just share cool products or cool articles about a niche. They’re usually cheaper than a real influencer, but they can boost your brand to more targeted audience.
6. Interact with Your Audience
Facebook users, like most social media users, like to feel seen and heard by the brands they engage with. Your brand should make it a priority to interact with your followers regularly, whether it’s answering a direct message or responding to a comment under your latest post.
These interactions not only boost your engagement rate but can also build brand loyalty. And we all know that a consumer who is loyal to a brand will spread the word and bring on more brand promoters, serving as unofficial influencers.
7. Use Hashtags
While “hashtag” makes most people think about Twitter or Instagram, you can also increase followers on Facebook by using hashtags in your Facebook posts. They don’t work as well on Facebook as they do on Twitter or Instagram, but they can still attract new fans.
There are some Facebook hashtag tips:
- Use hashtags to help people find your posts
- Use industry specific hashtags
- Use the same hashtags you’re using on Twitter and Instagram
- Use hashtags you find with trending hashtag tools
- Use Facebook hashtags for cross-platform branding
- Use hashtags on Facebook when re-sharing OPC (other people’s content)
8. Create or Join Facebook Group
Facebook Groups can be a great way to extend the reach of your customer base, get new customers and build relationships for business.
When you are networking in a group that has people who you could help and you spend time getting to know people, being helpful, offering free tips you’re likely to get increased brand recognition, people talking about you and your business, increased clients, more referrals, and more followers.
If you create a Facebook group, here are some tips to grow your Facebook group.
- Offer your members valuable content and targeted offers
- Interact with your members and ask questions
- Ask your most dedicated fans for help in growing the Group
- Set clear rules so your members know what to expect
- Send links to the Group to Facebook users you think would be interested
- Create a strong theme to the content you post
9. Make Your Page Easier to Find
It is important to make your page searchable. Here are some ways to optimize your Facebook Page for search.
- Use the same username on all your social media profiles.
- Add your logo to your profile picture and add a cover photo that reflects your brand.
- Have a complete “About” section.
- Keep your contact information and business hours updated.
10. Encourage Users to Tag Your Page
Another way to increase the reach of your Facebook page and get more followers is to encourage people to tag your page.
You can ask your partners, customers and fans to tag your page when mentioning your product or service in their own posts. Then, anyone seeing these posts can check your page out and follow you.
11. Learn from Your Facebook Insights
Facebook Insights tells you how users are behaving on your Facebook Business Page and how your posts are performing.
Use it as a resource to identify which strategies are earning you followers and what’s worth changing.
Now you know the best practices on how to increase followers on Facebook. Whatever which tip you apply, be consistent. That’s the best way to make sure you’ll keep improving your business’s Facebook performance and growing followers.